2018 saw Magic Memories continue to deliver on its commitment to being a highly-valuable partner of the world’s tourism, entertainment and leisure industries.
We are at the forefront of the market, putting the consumer at the heart of our products to enable our partners to build lasting relationships with their guests through the capture, creation, and sharing of their unique, personal experiences.
Through investment in our platform and innovation, we have created more products that will appeal to more guests.
Many attractions across the world share our vision and are working with Magic Memories to lead the way in designing, creating and delivering the most valuable item – life memories.
Momentum is with us
Through 2018 we have seen an impressive drive in momentum – retaining and extending contracts in every market. Here are just some of the key highlights from 2018:
- In the United States, we have signed multi-year extensions that include; Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, Mystic Aquarium, Downtown Aquarium - Denver, Downtown Aquarium - Houston, plus two new sites in San Antonio
- Extended partnerships across Australia and New Zealand, including The Wheel of Brisbane, Sea World Gold Coast, and Waitomo Caves
- Expanded our partnership with Merlin across ALL sites in APAC
- Successfully launched our new licence operation in APAC and UK, with sites including The Royal Mint Experience in England and King Power in Thailand
A mobile-first approach
We understand the trends that are driving guest satisfaction and the consumer appetite for creating and sharing unique experiences on their mobiles.
That’s why, in December 2018, we launched our mobile-first digital platform, which we will roll-out worldwide in the first half of 2019.
Aligning strategic objectives with our attraction partners; our mobile-first approach is focused on a ‘zero-click’ frictionless mobile experience increasing engagement and conversion to create a larger total revenue pool.
We focused on two key areas in 2018 to drive up our value to our partners and ensure we are developing our business to meet market demands:
- Personal, unique and branded content – Anyone can take a photo, whether it’s with a smartphone or digital camera, but we create memories for guests that they can’t capture themselves. Our products meet guest demand for personal, interactive experiences, blended with our partners’ best brand content for a memory that they are compelled to share
- Increasing engagement and conversion – We have created new guest engagement models, including offering ‘free’ content, plus working closely with key partners to incorporate digital content into select ticket types. Guest engagement has increased, and we are generating notable rises in total revenue to share with our partners.
Creating desirable memories in the industry of fun is an exciting business. With the right strategy, it is certainly in a growth trajectory. The proliferation of mobile phones, combined with the sharing and experience economies, is a trend that we continue to leverage.
The future is certainly digital + print, and while digital has the most exciting growth potential, we continue to see well-designed print products deliver solid and stable YOY results.
2019 is proving to be even more exciting as we continue to deliver future value to our guests and attraction partners.
At Magic Memories all 2,500 of our passionate team members are driven to celebrate ‘togetherness’ where special people have chosen to spend special times, at special places, most often with people they love.
The winning combination of our commitment to excellence and our passionate team members will continue to drive our mission forward.